Friday, September 16, 2005

executions of "presumed" innocents in texas

It is with much sadness i am moved to share this sad news:

In memory of Frances Newton, we should remember the last words spoken by Shaka Sankofa who, like Frances, was executed by the state of Texas despite overwhelming evidence of his innocence.

“This is nothing more than pure and simple murder. This is what is happening tonight in America. Nothing more than state sanctioned murders, state sanctioned lynching, right here in America, and right here tonight. This is what is happening my brothers. Nothing less. They know I'm innocent. They've got the facts to prove it. They know I'm innocent. But they cannot acknowledge my innocence, because to do so would be to publicly admit their guilt. This is something these racist people will never do. We must remember brothers, this is what we're faced with. You must take this endeavor forward. You must stay strong. You must continue to hold your heads up, and to be there. And I love you, too, my brother. All of you who are standing with me in solidarity. We will prevail. We will keep marching. Keep marching Black people, Black power. Keep marching Black people, Black power. Keep marching Black people. Keep marching Black people. They are killing me tonight. They are murdering me tonight.”

I am against the DEATH PENALITY!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



<