Sunday, April 09, 2006

hail to this female MOSES

“ON MY UNDERGROUND RAILROAD I NEBBER RUN MY TRAIN OFF DE TRACK
AND I NEBBER LOS A PASSENGER.” Harriet Tudman

gentleman's trade

Ancestor HARRIET ROSS TUBMAN

born.1820 crossed over - 1913

“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember,
you have within you the strength, the patience,
and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman started the Underground Railroad on the 20th April 1853

Ancestor Tubman with with freed slaves

"I looked at my hands to see if I was the same person
now that I was free…I felt like I was in heaven." Harriet Tubman


CALLED THE “MOSES” OF HER PEOPLE,
DURING THE CIVIL WAR. WITH RARE COURAGE,
SHE LED OVER THREE HUNDRED BLACKS UP FROM SLAVERY TO FREEDOM, AND RENDERED INVALUABLE SERVICE AS NURSE , COOK, SCOUT AND SPY.
WITH IMPLICIT TRUST IN GOD SHE BRAVED EVERY DANGER
OVER CAME EVERY OBSTACLE, WITH ALL SHE POSSESSED
EXTRAORDINARY FORESIGHT AND JUDGMENT
“I had crossed the line. I was free; but there was no one to welcome me to the land of freedom. I was a stranger in a strange land.” Harriet Tubman
may the ancestors be pleased with her efforts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



<